Wednesday 18 July 2012

Carrozza: "It's a dream" - Crespo: "I'm here with enthusiasm"

Carrozza (left) and Crespo (right) during their presentation
Alessandro Carrozza and Josè Angel Crespo were presented to the press in Bentegodi's press room. The two players were introduced by Giovanni Gardini (executive chief) who explained how much they were enthusiastic to join the Hellas Verona project. He also added: "We still need to sign a few players and sold some as well. For the forward isn't a problem of money: we think that the request made by Grosseto was too elevated. We need to meet again".
Then it was the players turn.



Alessandro Carrozza (30)
Carrozza, midfielder born in 1982, was the first to talk: "I've started playing football at the age of 18, maybe a bit late for the usual standards. I had the luck to win 5 Leagues in a row with Gallipoli until the Serie C1. Then I signed for Varese and it was a fundamental stage of my professional life, an ideal place to play football, I matured a lot there. If I am the best signing made by Verona? I'm very happy to be here but the pitch will be the judge. I played as a winger or second striker. I've never been a bomber but in the last seasons I scored more frequently". Then he spoke about his experience in Serie A with Atalanta who wasn't profitable due to an injury: "There are all the presuppositions to revitalize myself. I couldn't say 'no' to Hellas. Here it's like play for a Serie A side. Verona deserve that category".


Josè Angel Crespo (25)
On the other hand, Crespo is the first Spanish ever to play for Hellas.
He's a big Sevilla fan and he can't wait to start the season: "I come here with enthusiasm because for me it is a great opportunity. I don't like to talk a lot about myself, I prefer to show my skills on the pitch".
Setti strongly wanted the Spanish: "We had a good feeling when we were both at Bologna. I want to pay off his trust. In Padova I played very good but I want to improve. I can play as a right or left defender. I had some difficulties with Bologna because I didn't play a lot: then I started to play regularly but it was difficulty for me because of the three-men defense.



No comments:

Post a Comment