Sunday 22 July 2012

Martinho: "Here for Serie A" - Calvano: "Verona is a great team"

Martinho (left) and Calvano (right) during the presentation
Raphael Alves De Lima, called Martinho, and Simone Calvano were presented in the Bentegodi press-room by Hellas Verona executive chief Giovanni Gardini. 
He explained to the press how it will be a great opportunity for them: "They're two young players with amazing qualities. They have a great desire to express their skills on the pitch and we think they might find the opportunity to do it here". Both players are midfielders, the Brazilian is a winger while the Italian is a playmaker.

Simone Calvano (photo by Hellas1903.it)

Simone Calvano was the first to talk to the press: "For me it's a great emotion to be here. It's a different thing from the academy League in which I was used to play but I'm ready for this new experience I think I can  learn a lot and show my skills during the season. I want to thank the staff because of the amazing chance offered". He then talked about the beginning of his young career: "I started to play for Atalanta at the age of 7. I grew up there before being signed by AC Milan, a great opportunity in a big club with enormous resources. I was trained by Stroppa and Dolcetti and I learnt a lot, I played in Coppa Italia and I trained next to champions such as Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic, a great emotion, but now I'm at Hellas and I'm ready to improve again". He then spoke about his collocation in the pitch: "I'm a playmaker who can play in a three-men midfielder but also in a four-men, I don't have preferences".

Rapahel Martinho (photo by Hellas1903.it)

Later it was Martinho turn who introduced himself to the press: "I can play almost in all the midfield roles: attacking midfielder, central midfielder, with three, four or even five men".
Pietro Lo Monaco, former Catania sporting director, discovered him from Brazilian team Paulista: "He decided to sign me two years ago: I adapted my style of play to Italian football, at the beginning it was a bit difficult but since I'm here I played 30 games in Serie A and now I feel myself well prepared".
There are three other Brazilian players at Hellas: "I already know Rafael, we're good friends. I have never met Jorginho and Nicolas but I'm sure we'll become good friends. My idol? It must be Kakà: an example in and off the pitch. I hope he'll be back to Italy one day so I can see his plays once again".
At the end he spoke about Hellas aims: "We want to play an important season, we need to reach the aim that we prearranged. We have great responsibilities, we can't fail".

No comments:

Post a Comment