Sunday 22 July 2012

Laner: "Hellas for me means to be back home" - Fatic: "Thank you Hellas to believe in me"

Ivan Fatic (left) and Simon Laner (right)
source: hellasverona.it

Two other players who signed for Hellas in the last days were introduced to the press in the Bentegodi press-room.
They are Ivan Fatic and Simon Laner.
They were introduced by the executive chief Giovanni Gardini who spent good words for them. In fact, he said: "They were two players in which our staff believe a lot. Laner was an opportunity, he was at Hellas ten years ago and he know what he's going to live here; on the other hand, Fatic is a bet, a player who had some difficulties to show his potentialities in these years. We think he can improve with us".



Simon Laner during the presentation (photo by Hellas1903.it)
The first player to talk was Simon Laner who remembered his past with Hellas: "Everything is changed from last time I was there but I feel like I'm home. Here I grew up and I started to play football. I remember the first time I played at Bentegodi: I shook like a leef. I've always kept Hellas in my heart so it's a pleasure to be back".
There will be a tough competition to secure a starting place in the lineup: "There are a lot of good midfielders in the team and it is a positive thing. I know I need to fight to gain a place but it doesn't scare me. Really, I want to start this adventure as soon as possible".
After some seasons in Serie C he then signed for AlbinoLeffe: "It was important for me to play again in Serie B. With AlbinoLeffe I showed my potential and I had the luck to play for a Serie A team like it was Cagliari where I collected 18 appearances. Then I returned to AlbinoLeffe and it was a sort of failure for me. Now I just want to look forward and start the new season with Hellas, a team who have big ambitions".

Ivan Fatic after the press conference (Hellas1903.it)
Then it was Ivan Fatic's turn to talk.
Initially, the Montenegrin spoke about his young career: "I started my academy years with Red Star Belgrade in Serbia, then I moved to Chiasso and Chievo before being sold in co-ownership to Inter where I played in the Primavera with Balotelli, Bonucci and Santon". He then had some adaptation problems showed when he was at Genoa: "I'm far from home since 13 years. I was homesick. I was often late to our trainings and I wasn't disciplined. But now I'm changed, I grew up and I know that I missed a great chance. I think it is my last chance to show I'm a good player".
When he was at Inter, Fatic was described as one of the biggest talent in Italy but in the last two seasons he played only five games: "I'm here to play my opportunities. I want to thank Sogliano and Mandorlini, who wanted me when he was at Cluj as well, and the best thing to do it, is to show my skills in the pitch without talk a lot before playing".
Finally he added: "I'm a left full back, it's my favorite position because I like to attack and run down the wing. I've also played as a midfielder and when I was at Genoa with Gasperini I played like an attacking winger".

No comments:

Post a Comment