Thursday 23 August 2012

Pesoli: "They ruined my life but it's not over yet"

Emanuele Pesoli
Emanuele Pesoli, Hellas Verona centre-back, was interviewed by the famous web newspaper TuttoMercatoWeb.com after yesterday's sentence of the Court of Appeal.

He said: "I decided to chain myself not to obtain a reduction of the sentence, but to sensitize the Court of having a confrontation with my accusers, Gervasoni and Carobbio. I'm sure of my innocence and I'll go on and on to prove I did nothing at all.
Their accusations are full of contradictions: we could discover the truth but they prohibited me. I met Abete, he was very kind with me but our meeting ended in a circle. Today (yesterday) I received the confirmation of the three years' suspension but I won't give up because I'm innocent".

He then continued: "I will start proceedings against Gervasoni and Carobbio and I will denounce them for libel because they've ruined my life like they did with other players who knew nothing about this story. I'm accused of an attempt of match fixing for a game ended 5-0. Anyway I answered about questions of another game and I was judged guilty for another one. I didn't know Gervasoni, but there is a reason why I'm in this situation: they phoned me once asking me informations about our starting lineup until I told him I would not have played that game. Probably it aroused suspects but I thought they would investigate deeply".

No comments:

Post a Comment