Wednesday 5 September 2012

Cacia: "I'm here to reach Serie A"

Daniele Cacia during his presentation
Daniele Cacia chose Hellas Verona after he received lot of proposals, but why? He explained: "Totò De Vitis helped me with the choice. The night of the 30th August I was with him. If I ever had any doubt on choosing Hellas, well, he resolved them".

A forward of his ability found a team at the end of the market: "The situation was lengthen because I wanted to join a Serie A team. I'm 29 and I would like to put myself to the test of a League that, when I reached it, I never played at my best due to some injuries. But when I understood there were no chances but only talks then I immediately chose Hellas".

He's fit and willing to play football: "I'd like to score against Reggina on Saturday: I played for them and in addition I was born in Catanzaro, it's a derby for me. Scoring goals is everything for me. I'm a generous forward but without goals you can't feel well with yourself".

He was born as a football player in Piacenza where he met Matteo Abbate, they played together in the Primavera League. Cacia also knew Andrea Mandorlini: "I played with his son Matteo. He phoned me once, during the deal with Hellas. What did we talk about? Nothing special, about market in general".

Cacia's reference manager is Beppe Iachini, another former Hellas Verona player: "He was my manager when I exploded like a player, I owe him a lot. He always tried to sign me when he was at Chievo but also with Sampdoria. But we couldn't meet each other again".

Talking about the aims of this season he didn't hide himself: "We know where this team want to arrive at the end of the season. We want to get promoted, I want to play Serie A with Hellas. It won't be easy, of course, I know it very well. Last year I was at Padova and we had a really strong team but we were uncertainly. When you play you don't do it with the 'big names' you can line up on the field but with the force of the group".

No comments:

Post a Comment